Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

restaurants of the week: il buco alimentari and vineria and Joseph Leonard

Il Buco Alimentari and Vineria
53 Great Jones Street
212 837 2622


one word AMAZING! Those that have already dined at il buco know that if you want delicious Italian food il buco is the place to go. Il buco Alimentari is no let down either. My friend Vanessa and I went in with no reservation (definitely make one) but got lucky. We got seated within 10 minutes at the best table in the house (rumor has it they are a big fan of pretty ladies, so I recommend going with girlfriends if you want to be seated quickly.) It was at the bar for two facing the kitchen, where we got to interact with the staff and watch every single delicious meal come out of the kitchen. Eli, a young guy working in the kitchen was quite the charmer and entertainer- love him!

For starters we had the crispy artichokes, homemade ricotta with roasted beets, white grapefriut, and pistachio, organic umbrian beans, and the mackerel (yes we got ahead of ourselves, as usual).

For the entree we shared the salt roasted branzino, pictured above- LOVED IT! The presentation was lovely and the fish was cooked to perfection.

We decided to pass on dessert but Eli gave us a little treat to go along with our herbal tea.

Joseph Leonard
170 Waverly Place
212 428 8383
I love this place! I recently had dinner there and everything was delicious. The wait can sometimes be a pain in the you know what but once you get your table its worth it. We were starving when we got there so once we sat down we munched on some mini pickles that were seasoned with this delicious mustard.

For starters we had the warm mushroom salad and a dozen Oysters (I'm such a sucker for oysters)

For entrees I had the scottish salmon which was so delicious. If your a salmon person I defintiely recommend this dish.My friend Adam had striped bass which he really enjoyed as well. I am usually one that is big on getting different dishes but both of us really wanted fish. I am dying to try the braised short ribs, if any of you go before I do and get that dish let me know how it is-sounds amazing! And sides are a MUST! the butternut squash puree I have no words just GET IT and the brussel sprouts were perfectly spiced. Always a plus they played old school hip hop all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...