Total Pageviews

Monday, October 17, 2011

Check out my interview on Send the Trend


Maya Sheinman's Little Secrets

By Lindsey Varrelman

Buyer and blogger Maya Sheinman loves sharing her style adorations and inspirations on littlesecretsforyou.blogspot.com. Get to know what it is about the wild world of fashion that rocks the world of this chic girl-about-town!

How did you get started in your career? Growing up in the city, I had this appreciation and respect for fashion - it was surrounding my everyday life. I tried to go a different route when I first graduated college because every girl I grew up with wanted to be in the industry, but I couldn't stay away for too long. I started freelancing at Showroom Seven and got sucked in, and now there is no looking back.

What was your style "a-ha moment"? I don’t know if I have a style "a-ha moment" but my most memorable fashion moment was sitting at the Alexander Wang FW2011 runway show. I seriously shed tears of joy!

Name both your biggest fashion regret and your biggest fashion success. I don't really have any fashion regrets. I have definitely worn things that I look back on today and I am like, “What was I thinking?” but I never regret. I would say my biggest fashion success is starting littlesecretsforyou and sharing what I love in my own words. Being able to express my opinion and having people want more is an amazing feeling.

What do you consider the most exciting aspect of your job? Working at TAF, I am constantly in market, whether it’s women’s, men’s, accessories, or children, and that is the most amazing part of my job. I get to work with so many different people and really learn about every single category out there.

If you weren't a buyer + blogger, you'd be… I would probably go back to the restaurant industry, because I love food and entertaining.

What are the 3 style must-haves you...must have? I always love a red lipstick, a great pair of flats, and for Fall, a big chunky cashmere sweater.

What’s your STT pick? The Gemma!

What era, place, people, moment, etc. is your biggest source of inspiration? Why? Traveling- I think every country and every culture has its own way of expressing fashion, and that inspires me. I love to travel. I wish I could do it more often like I used to, but that is definitely where I get a lot of my inspiration.

What advice would you give someone trying to break into your industry? It’s a tough love industry, but never give up on what you want to do - a door will eventually open.

Finish this sentence - Next I'm going to... Florence to visit a close friend :)


check out the site and interview here

1 comment:

  1. LOVE. Cannot wait to keep reading your fashion tips for this fall!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...